Thursday, December 22, 2011

i'm coming home

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in so long! Happy Hanukah from Israel!I've been very busy finished up my trip in Israel. Over the past few weeks I've been cramming last minute info before my finals, while getting over a stomach bug that wiped out half the kids on my trip. I swear, twelve kids were sick at the same time! It was crazy. Before that, I spent a week in Gadna, a IDF (Israeli Defense Force) program for high school kids to give Israeli teens a taste of the army before they enlist. In case you were not aware, it's the law to go into the army when you turn eighteen. We've spent a lot of time in my Jewish History class debating whether or not all teens should have to enlist, etc. It's a very controversial topic, even today. Anyway, for five days, my friends and I had to wear the Israeli uniform and count backwards in Hebrew (which I can do by the way!) and learn how to crawl on the ground, run from grenades, build shelters, fire M16s, and so much more. Although I was incredibly miserable and sore throughout the week, the second I left I realized how incredible the experience truly was. Also, I recently made the decision to return to Israel this summer on another NFTY program with my camp friends. Even though I'll be doing a lot of the same things here, it's going to be a whole different experience with my friends from camp. I'm really really excited, and I'm so happy I fell in love with Israel as much as I did! Anyway, I wanted to let you know I'll be returning to the United States in 6 DAYS! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see my family, my friends, my bed, a home cooked meal, and people speaking in English. When I get back home I will most definitely get back into the swing of blogging again; it was much harder than I expected it to be. I hope my posts have been keeping you interested enough! See you soon, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment